Welle Law is looking to add another construction attorney to our team! Ideal candidate has engineering or technical/scientific background and/or construction law practice experience. We offer our associates a better work/life balance than large firms, the potential for profit-sharing bonuses, and a casual but professional work environment.
- Case management
- Drafting pleadings, discovery, motions, briefs, and other litigation documents
- Corresponding with clients and opposing counsel
- Legal and technical research
- Providing guidance to law clerks and other associates
- Preparing for and attending depositions, hearings, mediations, and trials
- Accurately and promptly tracking billable time
- Writing and editing construction law articles
- Have a minimum of 5-10 combined years of engineering and/or construction law experience.
- Be comfortable with technical specs and data.
- Be quality driven, detail oriented, and have a passion for organization.
- Possess impeccable writing skills.
- Have a proven ability to independently produce complete, error-free work product.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Have exceptional time-management skills, initiative, and focus.
- Be licensed in Minnesota with special consideration to anyone also licensed in Iowa, South Dakota, or North Dakota. Must be willing to work toward additional licenses in the future.
- Live in proximity or be willing to relocate to the Twin Cities area.
- Desire a small-firm environment.
Candidates must submit a cover letter, résumé, legal writing sample, and salary requirements before March 31, 2020. Due to the volume of applications, incomplete submissions cannot be considered. Email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, recruiters, or staffing agencies please.